The Coalition of Northern Groups, CNG Katsina State Chapter has followed issues happening in the State very closely, particularly in the past few months when security in the State has come under serious deterioration.
The CNG has taken particular note of the apparent frustrated directive by the state Governor, Aminu Bello Masari, in Jibia for people to arm themselves for self protection against threats.
As is our tradition, we have restrained from the flow of idle and unproductive engagements which trailed the Jibia declaration to a point when it became obvious that the state government, has exhausted all options by admitting to the loss of the necessary caurage and political will for dealing with the security challenges in the state and further dampening public confidence.
As patriotic, decent and responsible citizens, we have studied the statement carefully and observed deliberate accuracies as well as inaccuracies borne out of it. We have invariably concluded that the patriotic statement merely succeeded in exposing the weakness and inability of the government in discharging their primary responsibility of protecting lives and properties of its people.
1. CNG observes that this government has invariably failed in the discharge of its most fundamental responsibility, which is the protection of life and property. Looked at from whatever prism, the administration is certainly inept at combating the threat posed by audacious crimes of banditry and kidnapping in the state.
Virtually the entire State is gradually turning into a house of horror and continuing of killings in Batsari, Jibia, Danmusa, Safana, Kankara, Sabuwa, Faskari and Dandume among others.
2. The statement also raises the undamental concern that the government is actually not in control and incapable of protecting lives of innocent citizens.
3. The audacity with which bands of armed criminals ride freely to terrorize, massacre, loot and displace Katsina communities without any counter response from government troops, call to question the willingness, readiness, sincerity and capacity to curb the drift towards anarchy in these affected parts.
1. We salute the courage of his excellency, governor Masari for telling his people the reality on ground and he will forever be remembered for.
2. Any administration that failed in discharging its primary responsibility what is best for the head of the administration is to resign honourably.
2. CNG resolve to shift closer its planned MEGA YOUTH SUMMIT to discuss on a way forward.
3. We call on all stakeholders to strengthen the activities of vigilantes in the state, while politicians and well meaning individuals to mobilize resources for running their activities and purchase of equipments.
4. While we condemned the activities of informers, we equally call on all well meaning citizens to report any suspicious move to appropriate authorities.
5. While we salute the courage and efforts of some of our patriotic security agents, we equally implore them to continue their good work as what they are doing is a service to humanity, and service to humanity is a service God.
Finally, we consider this single act by his excellency as a loudable effort that proves beyond any iota of doubt that the people of the state has been abandoned by an administration that represents a citadel of poor governance, indifference, and insensitivity, at the mercy of a rampaging insurgency, regular bandit attacks on communities, and daily kidnappings for ransom and there is no hope for a better tomorrow.
Comrade Jamilu Aliyu Charanchi