BRIEF REMARKS BY IGP MOHAMMED ADAMU, NPM, mni, THE INSPECTOR-GENERAL OF POLICE AT THE INAUGURATION OF 200,000 UNITS MOTORCYCLE ACQUISITION SCHEME TO MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE ON 21ST JANUARY 2021
It is my pleasure to be at this event marking the flag-off of a scheme for the distribution of two hundred thousand (200, 000) units of motorcycles on soft loan to interested members of the Force. As we all know, a motivated workforce will have a spiral and positive effect on the quality of service delivery and boost the morale of personnel.
2. With this conviction in mind, since assumption of Office, we have initiated several schemes specifically targeted at improving the welfare of members of the Force across all ranks. In this regard, we have prioritized the promotion of police officers, executed affordable housing schemes for junior officers of the Force, facilitated the provision of loans at affordable interest rates and delivered tricycles as empowerment, among others.
3. Today’s event marks another milestone in our effort to put the welfare of personnel of the Force in the front burner. Let me at this juncture commend the efforts of the Nigeria Police Multi-purpose Cooperative Society Limited in living up to its mandate and championing the cause of our vision to generally improve the wellbeing of members of Nigeria Police Force. I also commend their partners, Rotshade Global Resources and Access Bank Plc for sharing our vision and offering to support us.
4. I assure all members of the Force that we shall continue to accord priority to their welfare through schemes of this nature and we shall continually evolve other well-thought out initiatives towards improving their welfare.
5. On this note, it is my singular honour to flag-off the two hundred units of Motorcycle Acquisition Scheme to members of the Nigeria Police Force. In doing so, the beneficiaries are advised to make judicious use of this opportunity and ensure that they abide by the terms and conditions of the package.
6. Thank you all for you attention.